Medieval Tailor’s Assistant, The – 2nd Edition
Common Garments 1100-1480
Available – will ship in July 2021
- 237 Pages
- 8¼:x11¾ Paper
- Glossary, Index
- Color and B&W Illustrations
Costume & Fashion Press / QSM
The Medieval Tailor’s Assistant is the standard work for both amateurs and professionals wishing to re-create the clothing of Medieval England for historical interpretation or drama. This new edition extends its range with details of fitting different figures and many more patterns for main garments and accessories from 1100 to 1480. It includes simple instructions for plain garments, as well as more complex patterns and adaptations for experienced sewers.
- Advice on planning outfits and materials to use
- Range of projects and alternative designs from undergarments to outer wear
- Covers early and later tailoring methods within the period
- Clear line drawings, pattern diagrams and layouts
- Over 80 full-color photographs that show the garments as working outfits
There are clear line drawings, pattern diagrams and layouts and over 80 full-color photographs that show the garments as working outfits.